Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Of or associated with the underworld.
of hell, hellish, lower, nether, subterranean, underworldView synonyms
- ‘Similar key ingredients exist amongst various levels of thought on reincarnation, mainly Plutonian and Hindu, especially Ramanuja's ‘personal’ system.’
- ‘Damien picked his way through the corpse ridden Plutonian landscape.’
2Relating to the dwarf planet Pluto.
- ‘Adonis guessed that he was a Plutonian, because they were always the proudest, no matter what.’
- ‘Our Plutonian scanners are picking up a distress signal in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.’
- ‘Eventually, the astronauts re-establish communication having decided to continue on their Plutonian path.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.