Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A film-making system (originally designed for children) which uses a low-resolution video camera to record images.
- ‘Reading about the Lomo camera yesterday reminded me of Pixelvision, which I was introduced to when I saw his film Slacker.’
- ‘And here are some incredible Pixelvision shots of the unreleased kit.’
- ‘More details - and Pixelvision low-res snaps - to follow.’
- ‘Next we have a 20 minute short version filmed in Pixelvision (which uses a toy Fisher Price camera) and starring Eric, which says everything and nothing all in three words.’
- ‘The hints of lo-fi visual playfulness strewn about in Slacker--Pixelvision, Day-Glo-tinged Super-8--flower into full-blown computer-assisted impressionism, even expressionism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.