Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘He tells one story of raw sewage from Philly being dumped in the Bahamas.’
- ‘The race in Philly almost always unfolds in the same manner.’
- ‘US Airways accounts for about two-thirds of Philly's travelers each year.’
- ‘He is campaigning for Barack Obama this afternoon in Philly.’
- ‘We didn't come from Philly, but we did come from the burbs.’
- ‘They often choose places close to commercial thoroughfares like Broad Street in North Philly or West Philly's vibrant, chaotic Fifty-Second Street.’
- ‘Nigel Richards is the man behind the 611 Records dance-music empire, and one of Philly's best DJ exports.’
- ‘Is Providence becoming a great restaurant town like Philly is becoming a great restaurant city?’
- ‘If you live in Philly, one of America's great papers is on the stands now: The Independent.’
- ‘I knew about them coming to Philly about two months before it was announced.’
- ‘Who was your favorite player as a kid growing up in Philly?’
- ‘Philly has lots of good restaurants, and a tasty meal at Lula after the show was exactly what I needed.’
- ‘We drove down to Philly to be part of their 215 Literary festival.’
- ‘The schedules called for four nights in Philly at the Republican Convention, or a four-game set in Bridgeport against the Bluefish.’
- ‘"You're not in Philly anymore, you're in Detroit."’
- ‘Slot machines are coming to Philly.’
- ‘We have to do that in Boston and New York and Philly.’
- ‘If he does, look out, Atlanta and Philly.’
- ‘My point isn't that Philly is an awful place.’
- ‘There was another small family (father with a young son and daughter) also on the platform headed for Philly.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.