Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- trademark for thiopentone
- ‘The messages are printed as if hand-written with messages such as: ‘Kenya, independent since 1963, is one of more than 100 lands old and new where Pentothal is used.’’
- ‘Then comes the intravenous sedative Pentothal.’
- ‘Find Pentothal (Thiopental Sodium) medication description and FDA approved drug information including side effects, interactions and patient labeling.’
- ‘In the end, this clever campaign helped to establish Pentothal as a major brand of anaesthetic product.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.