One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fungal disease of bananas producing yellowing and wilting of the leaves.
- ‘Then Panama disease, a soil fungus, attacked banana plantations and the genetically enfeebled Gros Michel banana was virtually wiped out.’
- ‘The two most dangerous diseases are Panama disease and Sigatoka.’
- ‘Eventually, disease-resistant varieties came into common use and Panama disease is no longer a major commercial threat.’
- ‘Both major banana companies ultimately overcame the problem of Panama disease by planting banana varieties that had been cultivated for centuries in Southeast Asia.’
- ‘In the early part of the decade, Panama disease plagued the banana crops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.