One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to or denoting a phytogeographical kingdom comprising Africa, tropical Asia, New Guinea, and many Pacific islands (excluding Australia and New Zealand).
- ‘The tropical rainforests of Queensland have species with mainly Palaeotropical affinities.’
- ‘This five-year project, which started in mid-2003, is investigating the changes that took place in Palaeotropical terrestrial habitats towards the end of the Moscovian Age.’
- 1.1Zoology Relating to or denoting a zoogeographical region comprising the tropical parts of the Old World.
- ‘For a distribution to be Palaeotropical a taxon must occur in tropical regions on both continents in the Old World, i.e. in Africa and Asia.’
- ‘Fifteen species of neotropical and three species of Paleotropical bats are known either to roost. in or to make tents in over 80 species of vascular plants.’
- ‘Although less intensively studied than Nearctic species, numerous Palearctic and Paleotropical species also utter flight calls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.