One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pixels per inch, a measure of the resolution of display screens, scanners, and printers.
Payment protection insurance, a form of insurance intended to cover loan or credit card repayments in the event of loss of income due to illness, unemployment, etc.
- ‘The FSA has been putting pressure on banks and loan companies to stop automatically including protection payment insurance (PPI) when customers sign up for new financial products.’
- ‘Thanks to high-pressure selling, seven out of ten loans are sold with PPI, which is hugely overpriced.’
- ‘If you're shopping around for a personal loan, as sure as eggs is eggs, you'll be offered payment protection insurance (PPI).’
- ‘PPI sounds like valuable protection, doesn't it?’
- ‘In fact, nearly a fifth of his final loan was just the accumulation of PPI and the interest on it - an insurance he didn't really need because he doesn't work.’
- ‘The cost of PPI is often automatically included in the loan, preventing borrowers from shopping around and securing the cheapest deal.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.