One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A printed circuit board for a personal computer, especially one built to the PCMCIA standard.
- ‘The machine has two USB ports and a PC card modem but no 1394 port or built-in phone modem.’
- ‘Four access points and four PC cards officially conform to the new wireless networking standard.’
- ‘The notebook ships with a PC card slot and optional external floppy.’
- ‘Many try to account for this by ensuring that their laptop has potential upgrade options, such as room for an expandable PC card or a USB port.’
- ‘This design flexibility makes integration in notebook computers, handheld devices and PC cards easier than ever before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.