One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characterized by an Oedipus complex.‘an Oedipal struggle’
- ‘The Oedipal struggle only results in one dominant male being replaced by another.’
- ‘There's more here than just adolescent resentment and Oedipal rage.’
- ‘The conflict between the two is more than an Oedipal conflict between father and son.’
- ‘Tom feels guilty because, in a tortured reversal of the Oedipal triangle, he hated his son.’
- ‘The Oedipal struggle between Archie and his awesome father reaches a crisis in Chapter 3.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.