One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘making the trek to Gallipoli is a popular choice for young New Zealanders on their OE’short for overseas experience
- ‘You see, I am an OE virgin.’
- ‘For the wider body of students, certainly I have noticed that an OE of some kind almost invariably follows within a couple of years of graduation.’
- ‘We all agree that Wellington city is a great place, so how can we take it around the world with us when we go on the big OE and escape our student loans?’
- ‘I don't know how common OE virginity is at my age, but I am determined to be deflowered sometime before leaving this mortal coil.’
- ‘In the end, he decided he wanted to do his OE.’
- ‘The third new Roger Hall play of the year is a comedy about four middle-aged women who embark upon their big OE a few years later than normal.’
- ‘But it's then, when the young kiwi head out on their big OE, that they are most susceptible to predators.’
- ‘For uni students, it would seem, the OE is not so much tradition as the rule.’
- ‘The Big OE Companion is a practical guidebook for New Zealanders heading overseas for the first time.’
- ‘It is evident that his big OE inspired him to continue his journey into the different cultures of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.