Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large heavily built African lizard that has greyish-olive skin with yellow markings and is semiaquatic.
- ‘The natural history of the Nile monitor has been summarized by a variety of authors.’
- ‘He said there has been only one comprehensive study of Nile monitors done in their native Africa.’
- ‘Four species of monitors are found in Africa and the Nile monitor is Africa's largest lizard.’
- ‘With a lot of patience, frequent handling, and a well stocked first aid kit, Nile monitors can be tamed.’
- ‘One of the biggest monitor lizards is Varanus niloticus, the Nile monitor, which may measure 2 m in length.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.