One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular The system of mechanics which relies on Newton's laws of motion concerning the relations between forces acting and motions occurring.
- ‘A strong example of operative mathematics is Newtonian mechanics in physics: it's a great tool to help you predict what is going to happen in the world.’
- ‘In the field of physics, a clear line divides quantum mechanics from traditional Newtonian mechanics, but this is not true for chemistry.’
- ‘In order to reconcile Maxwell's equations with Newtonian gravity, with Newtonian mechanics, we had to replace Newton with special relativity.’
- ‘Imbued with a deep appreciation of the entire history of science, Einstein regarded the theory of relativity as the inevitable consequence of the challenge posed to Newtonian mechanics by electromagnetic theory.’
- ‘The fact that we can describe the motions of the world using Newtonian mechanics tells us nothing about the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.