One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A speckled brown terrestrial flatworm up to 15 cm in length, accidentally introduced from New Zealand to Britain where it is destroying earthworm populations.
Artioposthia triangulata, order Tricladida, class Turbellaria
- ‘It is forty years since the first New Zealand flatworms were first recorded in Ireland.’
- ‘The New Zealand flatworm is found mainly in the north of England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.’
- ‘The New Zealand flatworm, introduced into Edinburgh in potted plants in 1960, is now eating native earthworms throughout central Scotland and endangering the fertility of the soil.’
- ‘Studies on captive New Zealand flatworms have shown that they can consume several earthworms in a week.’
- ‘The New Zealand flatworm is concentrated in southern Scotland and the Australian flatworm in southwest England.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.