One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The standard time in a zone including parts of Canada and the US in or near the Rocky Mountains.
- ‘And though they're not together physically, the way they keep in touch means they live almost on Mountain time, somewhere between Los Angeles and New York, Mandiberg said.’
- ‘The footage would be deleted from telecasts in the Central and Mountain time zones, where the series airs one hour earlier than on the coasts and presumably is seen by younger viewers.’
- ‘The same line separates the Pacific and Mountain time zones - and Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time.’
- ‘At 12:23 Mountain time, the results are as follows.’
- ‘This is similar to much of Texas, which should (by longitude) be mostly in the Mountain time zone instead of the Central time zone.’
- ‘The news came to FBI investigators 32 hours after he had checked himself into the West Virginia hospital, about 11:00 a.m. Mountain time, and it's a very welcome news for him.’
- ‘Heading north on Mexico's Highway 200, I soon crossed from the Central into the Mountain time zone.’
- ‘A small part of Oregon is on Mountain time, and the Florida panhandle is on Central time, just one hour off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.