Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[usually as modifier] A system of education for young children that seeks to develop natural interests and activities rather than use formal teaching methods.‘a Montessori school’
- ‘In the Montessori method, there are four or five materials available to teach each concept.’
- ‘He was singing a song they taught him at his Montessori school.’
- ‘This fully equipped Montessori school has a qualified and highly regarded teacher with a small class and individual attention.’
- ‘‘I have already documented the process of learning in a Montessori school in Wisconsin’, she says.’
- ‘This Montessori school used the theme of careers and had children dressed in various outfits, illustrating careers.’
- ‘It was already six weeks since he had been behind a desk and the Montessori method looked promising.’
- ‘I spoke with a Montessori teacher who had the first through to the third grade, all in the same room.’
- ‘Little Buddies will be a crèche and Montessori school, open from 8am to 6pm and the children will be given all meals.’
- ‘We had a bit of confusion at first as the Montessori method involves teaching the kids the sounds of the letters first, then later, the names of the letters.’
- ‘I was then able to attract Montessori school teachers to write curriculum.’
- ‘The Montessori system was based on the principle of children learning for themselves, with the teacher in the background.’
- ‘It will be run by a qualified Montessori teacher with years of experience and many other qualifications.’
- ‘The school is run by a qualified Montessori teacher and children's nurse.’
- ‘Louise is opening her new crèche and Montessori school this September.’
- ‘Liam had collected two bags full of crayons and other basic learning tools donated by the Montessori school in Co. Kilkenny his children attended.’
- ‘In Montessori schools children follow a set of tasks or exercises.’
- ‘The playschool will open on September 1st under the guidance of a qualified experienced Montessori teacher.’
- ‘I learned this technique more than forty years ago in a Montessori school.’
- ‘So Montessori children are taught when they have the greatest urge for various aspects of language acquisition.’
- ‘To offer your child the best in early childhood education, you may like to consider sending him/her to the village Montessori school.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.