One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Moderations examination at Oxford University.
- ‘Good luck to Mods and Prelims candidates, but really, stop worrying.’
- ‘With Mods at the end of Hilary Term, we would have to do the work; we can't afford to get behind.’
- ‘It's also, conversely, the time for exams, removing finalists and most first years sitting Mods and Prelims.’
- ‘I am now in possession, instead, of a polite letter informing anyone ‘whom it may concern’ that I'm a student of the university, and listing my Mods results among other things.’
- ‘However, it does say a lot if I can both get to Oxford and achieve a high 2: 1 in Mods without being able to write English proper like.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.