One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pottery made at Stoke-on-Trent by Thomas Minton (1766–1836) or his factory. Minton's company popularized the willow pattern.as modifier ‘Minton china’
- ‘From 1902, a range of slip-trailed majolica wares represented Minton's contribution to Art Nouveau.’
- ‘Today Minton retains its reputation as one of the finest china manufacturers in the world.’
- ‘In 1876 the Department of State Library was completed and the first Minton tile floor was installed.’
- ‘Fine china, including a Minton dessert service used at the memorable banquet, was discovered in a locked cupboard at the castle smothered with spiders' webs.’
- ‘I think that the latest Pevsner states that the Minton mosaic floor is a tour de force.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.