One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wine produced in the district of Minervois, in the department of Aude in southern France.
- ‘Hopefully it is not as bad as the 2002 Rhone, which was largely a write-off vintage, but some Minervois vineyards are under 18 cm of water.’
- ‘We moored at the sleepy village of Ventenac, where we were treated to a tasting of Minervois wines in the canal-side Chateau de Ventenac.’
- ‘In Languedoc-Roussillon look out for the sweet wines of Rivesaltes and Banyuls, as well as the more usual Corbieres and Minervois.’
- ‘You could equally well use a Minervois or Corbières for this dish.’
- ‘We were drinking Minervois by the way, which at 30 a bottle was bloody expensive but we managed to weather that indignation and just appreciate it for its colour and flavour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.