One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white suspension of hydrated magnesium carbonate in water, used as an antacid or laxative.
- ‘If there is no BM after 48 hours, take 1 or 2 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia before bed.’
- ‘You can also mix equal amounts of Milk of Magnesia and Benadryl Allergy liquid.’
- ‘I've tried Gas-X and Milk of Magnesia without success.’
- ‘When I was a kid the only things that came in blue glass were Milk of Magnesia and Noxzema.’
- ‘It is found in antacids and is the active ingredient in Milk of Magnesia.’
- ‘Dab a cotton ball with Phillips' Milk of Magnesia, wipe over your face, and let it dry.’
- ‘When diet changes don't work, stool softeners and mild laxatives, such as good old Milk of Magnesia, also are helpful.’
- ‘Never mind that the bars taste like an eraser and the shakes like Milk of Magnesia; they offer nutrient density you just can't get from the glass case at Starbucks.’
- ‘Mountain West fans have been in need of some Milk of Magnesia all year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.