One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The theory of heredity as formulated by Mendel.
- ‘One of Mendelism's staunchest partisans was William Bateson, an English biologist who saw in it a weapon for his attacks on the Darwinian idea of continuous variation in nature.’
- ‘Nevertheless, he later downplayed the significance of Mendelism and held to Lamarckian ideas throughout his life.’
- ‘The question whether Mendelism applied to animals as well as to plants immediately arose, and the answer was not long in coming.’
- ‘Dobzhansky extended the synthesis of Mendelism and Darwinism to the understanding of human nature in Mankind Evolving, a successful synthesis of genetics, evolutionary theory, anthropology, and sociology.’
- ‘Before analyzing the influence of Mendelism, we show that environmental stochasticity has no influence on the neutral allele frequency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.