Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A sweet sauce made from pureed raspberries thickened with icing sugar.‘the raspberry sorbet was served with a Melba sauce’
- ‘Add raspberry vinegar, Melba sauce, and demiglace to shallots, bring to boil.’
- ‘Garnish with fresh whipped cream, and drizzle with Raspberry Melba sauce on top of the pancake sundae.’
- ‘Coat with a tablespoon of Melba sauce and decorate with a rosette of cream and almonds.’
- ‘Spoon on a large spoon of the Melba sauce - allowing it to run down over the ice cream and peaches.’
- ‘Add a scoop of ice cream, pour Melba sauce over it and top it with whipped cream.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.