One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Medici family.
- ‘These last, with an eye to getting a position in Florence, he quickly named ‘the Medicean stars'.’
- ‘The outcome of this shocking naivety was that the sons of Brutus - that is, the partisans of the Medici - survived to destroy him and restore the Medicean tyranny after the debacle of 1512.’
- ‘It is unlikely, in contrast to Mantegna, that he devised his own allegories, though he was well known in Medicean humanist circles.’
- ‘Ruling families like the Medici cleverly manipulated their own role in the Council through sumptuous art objects like Gozzoli's frescoes that claimed Medicean pre-eminence in bringing about the Decree of Union.’
- ‘By the 1520s the Medicean emblem of three interlocking rings had become the artist's personal mark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.