One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The political and economic theories of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, later developed by their followers to form the basis of communism.
- ‘In reality, he lost any connection to Bolshevism and Marxism many decades before he died.’
- ‘Above all he patiently passed on his knowledge of Marxism and the revolutionary tradition to groups of younger people.’
- ‘So many young people learned about Marxism and the revolutionary tradition from discussions with him.’
- ‘When he did this the petitioner also handed him a pamphlet on Marxism and Trotskyism.’
- ‘Such forms of struggle have a role to play, but they are not a substitute for the explicit fight for Marxism.’
- ‘The novel focuses on the conflicts between atheism and theism, Leninism and Marxism.’
- ‘Engels was the lifelong collaborator of Karl Marx and systematizer of Marxism.’
- ‘It also provides an accessible introduction to an under-explored area in the development of Marxism.’
- ‘We'd like to think that there's a whole lot more to socialism, and to Marxism, than that.’
- ‘And this characteristic of Marxism is a universal truth, unaffected by culture.’
- ‘Trotsky soon learnt that there was more to Marxism than that, but he always used it creatively to analyse new problems.’
- ‘It is based, of course, on a complete rejection of Marxism and genuine socialism.’
- ‘For Lenin, Marxism was not a dogma but a tool for change - and so was the party.’
- ‘Does this account for the stagnation in Marxism doctrine which has been noticeable for a good many years?’
- ‘The other option was to go back to a theory like Marxism which aims to be all-inclusive.’
- ‘Here he continued the struggle to apply Marxism in an analysis of contemporary capitalism.’
- ‘That strategy was essential for the growth of socialism and Marxism in Scotland.’
- ‘A genuine unity of theory and practice may require a greater unity of Marxism and liberal equality.’
- ‘That turned people my age to more social issues, to reading books, to more radical ideas, to Marxism.’
- ‘I had learned a little about Marxism in a course on the economics of health care.’
Central to Marxist theory is an explanation of social change in terms of economic factors, according to which the means of production provide the economic base which influences or determines the political and ideological superstructure. Marx and Engels predicted the revolutionary overthrow of capitalism by the proletariat and the eventual attainment of a classless communist society
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.