Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An adherent of a form of mystical pantheism developed by the French philosopher L. C. de Saint-Martin (1743–1803)‘the world of illuminists and Martinists’[as modifier] ‘supplies for all Martinist branches’
- ‘He created the Martinist cult; he organized things like the Queen's necklace affair, he controlled Necker; he controlled Philippe Egalité; he organized the Bastille event; he organized the Jacobin Terror.’
- ‘After Papuss demise, however, the Martinist movement lost its unity and began to fragment with the loss of its unfaltering guide.’
- ‘Napoleon was a creation of the Martinist freemasonic lodge, the Napoleonic Empire.’
- ‘The Confederacy in the United States was created as a part of Synarchism, before it was called Synarchism: the Martinist cult.’
- ‘Papus then decided to create an organization, which would group the Initiates of Saint-Martin and promote the study of Martinist philosophy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.