One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A particular set of complex numbers which has a highly convoluted fractal boundary when plotted.
- ‘I didn't come across complex numbers again until I saw the Mandelbrot set for the first time.’
- ‘The exterior of the Mandelbrot set consists of points for which certain iterations diverge.’
- ‘Another example can be seen in fractal patterns like the Mandelbrot set - marvelous pictures that have layer upon layer upon layer of complexity.’
- ‘The Mandelbrot set is a connected set of points in the complex plane.’
- ‘For this reason I have done without anecdotes, cartoons, exclamation marks, jokey chapter titles, or pictures of the Mandelbrot set.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.