One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of the Bihari group of languages, spoken by some 25 million people in northern Bihar, elsewhere in India, and in Nepal.
- ‘For ‘Chitchor’ I had to sing in Maithili language, which is one of the native languages of Bihar.’
- ‘With the help of my respondents I have classified Maithili folksongs into seven groups elaborated below.’
- ‘All of our Maithili translators are mother tongue speakers who live in-country.’
- ‘These are as important contribution to the Maithili literature as are the writings of upper caste.’
- ‘In India, for instance, Maithili was claimed as a mother tongue by over 6 million people in the 1971 census.’
Sanskrit (as an adjective), from Mithilā, a place in northern Bihar.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.