One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Jewish prayer book for use at festivals.
service bookView synonyms
- ‘She was even careful that none of her five Machzorim, which were all kept in a single case, should ever come to the table.’
- ‘You search your innermost recesses and you examine the motivations and the emotions of the heart (Machzor of Yom Kippur).’
- ‘He was carrying a tallit and Machzor (you need them, but, technically, you shouldn't carry them).’
- ‘There should never be any possibility that chametz would get on her Passover Machzor.’
- ‘This effort is particularly necessary for users of the Birnbaum Machzor, in light of its poor translation of this section (it only translates half of the verbs).’
Hebrew maḥzōr, literally ‘cycle’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.