One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A course of study made available over the Internet without charge to a very large number of people.‘anyone who decides to take a MOOC simply logs on to the website and signs up’
- ‘From the beginning, MOOC providers have struggled with the issue of cheating.’
- ‘It is equally undeniable that online education, especially in the form of MOOCs, can present job seekers with real opportunities to improve their marketable skills.’
- ‘In a free market system, learners are able to choose whether MOOCs are appropriate for their goals.’
- ‘Some universities already are incorporating MOOCs into their programs.’
- ‘The Chronicle surveyed 103 professors who have taught or are currently teaching a MOOC.’
- ‘Werbach, a legal studies and business ethics professor, is teaching a MOOC this summer.’
- ‘Much of that line of criticism about MOOCs comes from professors at traditional institutions who continue to teach large lecture classes themselves.’
- ‘At some point, colleges are expected to use the evolving and dynamic MOOC market to make money.’
- ‘The leaders of the MOOC revolution have been the likes of Harvard, MIT, Stanford and Princeton.’
- ‘MOOCs can educate people far afield from the professor's campus and be a boon to people who don't care about a formal degree.’
- ‘My son is taking MOOC classes now and loves them.’
- ‘I have participated in about six MOOCs over the past three years.’
Early 21st century: from massive open online course, probably influenced by MMOG and MMORPG.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.