Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Mixed martial arts.
- ‘People that defend MMA say that it is safer to be knocked out quickly.’
- ‘The second reason for MMA's rise has to be a reflection of today's society.’
- ‘While I respect MMA as a sport, I just can't get on board with it as a viably exciting element in an action film.’
- ‘It seems that MMA has become a popular thing to try for some athletes.’
- ‘I have very little doubt that all the MMA stars are capable fighters, and I wouldn't dare get into the ring with any of them.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.