One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for FitzGerald contraction
- ‘George FitzGerald was a brilliant mathematical physicist who today is known by most scientists as one of the proposers of the FitzGerald - Lorentz contraction in the theory of relativity.’
- ‘The Lorentz contraction was real, whereas the Einstein contraction was relative.’
- ‘If this is correct, then presumably the combination of Newtonian mechanics with the Lorentz contraction would yield predictions in circumstances in which special relativity would remain mute.’
- ‘The paper discusses the problem of the Lorentz contraction in accelerated systems, in the context of the special theory of relativity.’
- ‘Would the radius of such a window contract in line with the same equations of Lorentz contraction?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.