One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The head of a municipal corporation or borough in certain Scottish cities.
- ‘Meanwhile important municipal work was being carried on, calling for the Lord Provost's anxious care.’
- ‘The Lord Provost is the principal representative of the Council on numerous bodies and organisations.’
- ‘You, my Lord Provost, have remarked that I have had the good fortune to remain for fifty years in one post.’
- ‘Edinburgh University remained the responsibility of the Lord Provost and Council until 1858.’
- ‘After a short welcome from the deputy Lord Provost, we admired the paintings of former Lords Provost and then headed back to the hotel for the Conference Dinner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.