One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Lord Commissioner
- ‘Charles is Lord High Commissioner of the General Assembly.’
- ‘She has the power to appoint a Lord High Commissioner to represent her and to give two speeches on her behalf at the General Assembly.’
- ‘While the General Assembly is meeting, the Lord High Commissioner is treated as if a Regent.’
- ‘Soon afterwards, His Grace the Lord High Commissioner was announced, and the whole assemblage rose and received him standing.’
- ‘He held the office of Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in 1711.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.