One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The principal Law Officer of the Crown in Scotland.
- ‘As Lord Advocate he is a member of the Government and goes in and out of office with the Government.’
- ‘However, that legal argument was dismissed during a Lord Advocate's review of the verdict in Edinburgh last month.’
- ‘He served as Solicitor General and Lord Advocate for Scotland during the last Conservative government.’
- ‘A suitable case must be identified for appeal to challenge this and a Lord Advocate's reference must be pursued in Scotland.’
- ‘Since devolution, the nomination of Lord Advocate has to be debated and approved by the Scottish Parliament.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.