Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A name for the Pakistani popular film industry, based in Lahore.
- ‘Based in Lahore, the film industry is affectionately known as Lollywood.’
- ‘While Bollywood, which is based in Bombay, thrives, Pakistan's industry, based in Lahore and called Lollywood, is on the wane.’
- ‘Veering towards Lollywood, Moin says he doesn't watch Pakistani movies because he hasn't heard much appreciation about the local stuff.’
- ‘Organisers promise ‘a fusion of film’ from around the world, with shades of Hollywood, Bollywood and Lahore-based Lollywood.’
- ‘The magazine also delves into the Indian film industry's less-than-stellar counterpart in Pakistan, dubbed Lollywood.’
1990s: blend of Lahore and Bollywood.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.