Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small compact lettuce of a variety of the cos type.
- ‘You could throw the little beans in a salad too, perhaps one with Little Gem and a lemony dressing.’
- ‘Varieties such as Little Gem are available for smaller gardens and as accents.’
- ‘This is a large tree, and not as well-suited for smaller urban gardens as newer, smaller hybrids such as Little Gem.’
- ‘There were loads of lettuces, in the greenhouse and planted into sinks outside- Little Gem, Rocket, Saladini, and Frisby, amongst others.’
- ‘The winners for flavor, performance, and appearance were 'Cimarron' (not pictured), 'Little Gem', 'Outredgeous', and 'Tango'.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.