Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in the UK) a member of a party (formerly the Social and Liberal Democrats) formed from the Liberal Party and members of the Social Democratic Party.
- ‘We have had to live and work for years in a council controlled by the Liberal Democrats.’
- ‘Even the Liberal Democrats had a harder position than this prior to the war.’
- ‘Apart from the mayor being an Independent, the new Deputy Mayor is a Liberal Democrat.’
- ‘Tories and Liberal Democrats on the council are thought to want the closures.’
- ‘It is time for Liberal Democrats to prioritise policies and campaigning against violence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.