One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Mediterranean man popularly characterized as having a romantic, passionate temperament and great sexual prowess.
- ‘He was quite superb, camping it up as the louche Latin lover, complete with red satin frilled shirt open to the waist and buttock hugging leather pants.’
- ‘Other people of color get painted by projection as well: the Latin lover, the geisha.’
- ‘She did not know whether the baby's father was her vicar husband Ashley or hot-blooded Latin lover Carlos.’
- ‘The myth of the Latin lover goes back much further than that, though.’
- ‘I've been fighting stereotypes all my life - should I play the Latin lover, should I play the gang member, the drug lord, the gardener?’
- ‘The character of Marcello transcends the stereotype of the Latin lover.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.