One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nountrademark in UK
- another term for chlorpromazine
- ‘However, Healy also notes that chlorpromazine was initially named Largactil precisely because it covered a large range of nervous conditions.’
- ‘One of the two nurses on duty rang a local doctor who prescribed 100 mg of Largactil, a powerful antipsychotic.’
- ‘Yes, Chlorpromazine… Largactil but that kind of medication really is not appropriate for autism.’
- ‘A nurse, Mark Huxstep, described how another nurse ignored warnings and injected a detainee with twice the maximum adult dosage of Largactil, an anti-psychotic drug.’
- ‘Later, I realized that it was the side effects of the Largactil.’
- ‘I remember my mother grinding up tablets of Largactil (the major tranquilliser chlorpromazine) to put in his tea in the hope of dampening his florid auditory hallucinations.’
1950s: of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.