One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A laboratory.‘a science lab’
- ‘Further remodelling and improvement to the science labs is due to take place this term.’
- ‘We all braced ourselves for the shrill scream of an alarm when Joseph hurled a brick at the window of one of the science labs.’
- ‘I knew that was why they always told us not to eat or drink in the science labs.’
- ‘If you think that isn't cool enough, my dad studies viruses for the medical lab in Atlanta.’
- ‘The secondary students at GIS are enjoying their science lessons in new science labs.’
- ‘In December the upper school was hit when arsonists set fire to the science lab.’
- ‘We begin at a real crime scene, move through the forensic labs and a morgue, and end in a courtroom.’
- ‘We test white mice and worms in labs and we do experiments on sheep and monkeys.’
- ‘A friend who also used to work at the Help Desk ran into me at one of the campus labs one evening.’
- ‘The leak occurs when animal rights activists break into the lab and free the lab's chimps.’
- ‘The protesters believe that any action that results in the saving of animals from the labs is justified.’
- ‘In the new building we all lost touch with each other as we disappeared into labs and offices separated by miles of corridors.’
- ‘The samples are tested each month in Ministry labs but at the city's expense.’
- ‘Let me describe the sort of experiment that's being done in a lot of labs right now.’
- ‘All the lab equipment is up for grabs or a whole lab could be adopted and named after a company or founder.’
- ‘The lab has been compiling data from primary care workers and hospital labs in Scotland.’
- ‘She added that during the operation a number of labs, explosives caches and other materiel had been seized.’
- ‘The debate about cloning is about scientists trying to create clones in a lab from an adult animal or human.’
- ‘We can get different types of mice for our lab experiments until we run out of names for them.’
- ‘There is no doubt that the number of residential hydroponic labs is on the increase.’
Late 19th century: abbreviation.
A Labrador dog.
- ‘I bought this Black Lab for my five year old granddaughter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.