Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Used to draw attention to a joke or amusing statement, or to express amusement.‘I love how you said ‘coffee is not my cup of tea’. LOL!’
- ‘That's so cool that you got to ride on an elephant, lol!’
- ‘I've no clue whether the last chapter or this make sense but I hope they do, lol!’
- ‘I think the translator confused spirit with alcohol LOL!’
- ‘Mmmmm, I probably shouldn't go into details, LOL.’
- ‘Crisps, chocolate and biscuits are a must in our house lol.’
- ‘I'll try my best to make it seem like I'm not because, well, I'm really not, lol.’
- ‘Well, you asked for it lol.’
- ‘LOL, this is an email which has been floating around on the 'net for quite awhile.’
- ‘I'm pretty upbeat, and have been described as a "sometimes goth chick" before, LOL.’
- ‘This week alone I haven't gotten home earlier than 6 lol.’
- ‘LOL, that was a hilarious story.’
- ‘His mother is one of my teachers. lol.’
- ‘lol i think thats a gr8 title personally!’
- ‘LOL whatever that virus is, I have it too.’
- ‘And Johnny most likely got his good looks from some other relative, lol.’
- ‘LOL I feel like a kid in a candy shop.’
- ‘Keep up the good work guys (lol).’
- ‘Hehehahaha LOL what a riot!’
- ‘We had originally thought we could put together a viable project in 6 months (LOL).’
- ‘You know you've been out of school a long time when the thought of your first reading assignment gets you all excited - LOL.’
Laugh audibly or be amused.‘I literally LOL'ed when the updates popped up’‘I was lol'ing at the teeny tiny little sign’
1980s: abbreviation of laughing out loud or laugh out loud.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.