One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of role-playing game in which participants physically act out scenarios, typically using costumes and props.‘vampire LARPs play out in scores of cities around the US and as far away as Brazil and New Zealand’
- ‘The origins are the modern LARP are numerous.’
- ‘So this online acquaintance was running a LARP and needed video characters for it.’
- ‘As someone who came up out of role-play gaming I think Live Action Role Playing Games (LARPs) are good, though I don't play them.’
- ‘Evie's Buffy Anime LARP is on Saturday, and I just don't know what to wear.’
- ‘If the LARP had ended there I would have been fine.’
- ‘Events include role playing games, table-top war gaming, board gaming, card gaming, computer gaming, LARPS, stand-up comedy shows and anime screenings.’
- ‘"Good lord, you're watching a televised LARP!"’
- ‘Look at films from the 80s like "Midnight Madness", about college students playing a LARP/scavenger hunt.’
- ‘I've pretty much given up LARP now, but used to be an avid enthusiast of it.’
- ‘I'm a bit of a Lovecraft fan, so I was quite interested when I heard that the H P Lovecraft Historical Society (who mainly run LARPs) had finished their film adaptation of the iconic short story, "The Call of Cthulhu".’
- ‘I've run into many people of this subculture via Vamp LARP, but not such extremists.’
- ‘After the LARP we had more filming to do.’
- ‘In other words, they ran a LARP - but one played by experts, who knew what they were doing, and with the aim of illustrating issues rather than having fun.’
- ‘I think it was a good LARP and everyone made a great effort with costume, I was just too tired to really enjoy it.’
- ‘During and after the movie, Amethyst showed great interest in learning about role playing games, specifically LARPS.’
- ‘The genre we have chosen for our LARP is fantasy, also known as swords and sorcery, similar to that popularized by J.R.R. Tolkien in The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.’
- ‘I'm in a long running Changeling LARP at the minute, and have been for two years now.’
- ‘I had probably the most fun at this LARP out of ANY LARP I have EVER played.’
- ‘Unlike a lot of other people I didn't stay up very late last night after the LARP.’
1990s: from the initial letters of live-action role-playing..
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.