One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a major branch of the Niger–Congo family of languages, spoken from Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) to Nigeria and including Igbo and Yoruba.
- ‘Serialization, for instance, has been attributed to substratum from the African languages, particularly the Kwa group.’
- ‘Togo's earliest known inhabitants were Gur-speaking Voltaic peoples in the north and Kwa peoples in the south.’
- ‘Agni and Baoule, both Kwa languages, are the most widely spoken languages in the south.’
- ‘French is the official language of government, but both Ewe of the Kwa language family and Kabye of the Gur language family have semi-official status.’
- ‘Formerly considered as a Kwa language, recent research has placed Ibo in the Benue-Congo family of languages.’
- ‘The Kwa group of languages, spoken by 75 percent of the population of Ghana, is generally spoken in the southern part of the country.’
The Kwa group of languages.
The name in Kwa.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.