Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An experimental style of rock music associated with German groups of the 1970s, characterized by improvisation and strong, hypnotic rhythms.
- ‘Like many Krautrock bands, Manta Ray effectively fluctuates between singing in English and in their native tongue, Spanish.’
- ‘I've always had a passion for a wide range of music from garage and Krautrock to hip hop and early electro.’
- ‘Rimbaud compares it to the German-influenced Krautrock scene.’
- ‘Each innovative, far-flung album such as Vuelvaland's ambient textures intertwined with techno beats, dub, and Krautrock.’
- ‘For hardcore Krautrock fans, this was a rare glimpse at the man who fronted Can during their classic, early '70s period.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.