One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official language of Burundi, belonging to the Bantu language family and spoken by around 5 million people.
- ‘Ejo in the Kirundi language means both ‘yesterday’ and ‘today’.’
- ‘There are also some speakers of Kirundi in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Congo-Kinshasa.’
- ‘Of Kirundi speakers, roughly 84% are Hutu, 15% are Tutsi and 1% of Kirundi speakers are Twa.’
- ‘Both the Hutu and the Tutsi speak Kirundi, a Bantu language.’
- ‘At one point, I sit out on the steps with an older woman and another schoolgirl, both of whom speak French as well as Kirundi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.