One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official language of Burundi, belonging to the Bantu language family and spoken by around 5 million people.
- ‘Ejo in the Kirundi language means both ‘yesterday’ and ‘today’.’
- ‘There are also some speakers of Kirundi in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Congo-Kinshasa.’
- ‘At one point, I sit out on the steps with an older woman and another schoolgirl, both of whom speak French as well as Kirundi.’
- ‘Both the Hutu and the Tutsi speak Kirundi, a Bantu language.’
- ‘Of Kirundi speakers, roughly 84% are Hutu, 15% are Tutsi and 1% of Kirundi speakers are Twa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.