One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic fibre of high tensile strength used especially as a reinforcing agent in the manufacture of tyres and other rubber products.
- ‘In Kevlar it's the good alignment of molecules that generates the high strength.’
- ‘The composite stock is made of carbon fiber, reinforced with Kevlar.’
- ‘The nanotube fibers are also stronger than spider silk and Kevlar, meaning they can support more weight.’
- ‘Wilson describes the polymer as one of the latest nylon compounds that is reinforced with fiberglass and Kevlar.’
- ‘Weight for weight, spider silk is stronger than steel and any manmade fiber like Kevlar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.