One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to an indigenous people of the NW Caucasus.
- ‘There are also more interesting facts suggesting that the influence of Kabardian culture on their neighbours was much bigger than most people think today.’
- ‘One of the villages at Aleppo is Abzah and the other is Kabardian.’
1A member of the Kabardian people.
- ‘In language, culture, and ethnic classification, Abkhazians are related to the Abazins, Adyghey, Kabardians, and Circassians.’
- ‘In most of the large cities where Kabardians are found, associations and clubs exist to strengthen cultural bonds and promote their culture.’
- ‘Both the Kabardians and Tcherkess use the same official and literary language.’
- ‘The ceremonial vowel is pronounced by all Kabardians as a symbol of brotherhood with all speakers of human languages.’
2mass noun The North Caucasian language of the Kabardian people, with about 350,000 speakers.
- ‘Kabardian has one dialect, namely Beslanay, and many sub-dialects.’
- ‘Kabardian has just over one million speakers: 550,000 in Turkey and 450,000 in Russia.’
From Russian Kabarda, a district in SW Russia.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.