One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Knock (an opponent) out in a boxing match.
knocked out, insensible, senseless, insentient, insensate, passed out, comatose, in a coma, inertView synonyms
- ‘His final 5 bouts following the McClellan tragedy ended with a record of 2-3 with Benn being KO'd on 2 of those occasions.’
- ‘It's sort of like when Buster Douglas KO'd Mike Tyson.’
- ‘Those days may have ended when Mike Tyson got KO'd by Buster Douglas.’
- ‘In his first fight as a pro, Foreman KO'd Don Waldheim in the third round an hour before Frazier and Quarry fought.’
- ‘Conn had KO'd his last four opponents, including heavyweights Buddy Knox and Gunnar Barlund, both in the 8th rounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.