One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complex ancient calendar in use among Jewish people.
- ‘Passover is one of the biggest events in the Jewish calendar.’
- ‘All holidays on the Jewish calendar, especially Passover, celebrate and reinforce this collective identity.’
- ‘Now the Mishnah continues to the next day of importance in the Jewish calendar, Tu B'Av.’
- ‘It was the only day in the Jewish calendar when the high priest could enter the innermost room of the temple - the most holy place.’
- ‘The sixth month of the Jewish calendar is called Adar, and in leap years there are two Adars called Adar I and Adar II.’
- ‘The Bible forbids the Jews to participate in his festival, but Tammuz is still retained as a month name in the Jewish calendar.’
- ‘The Maharal, the great 16th century philosopher, comments that the Jewish calendar can be divided into two sections.’
- ‘The Jewish calendar, a highly complex system, is ‘lunisolar ‘, where the years are solar and months lunar.’
- ‘In 1973, Egypt and Syria attacked Israel on the holiest day of the Jewish calendar, Yom Kippur.’
- ‘Do you follow the Jewish calendar or the secular calendar?’
- ‘The present Jewish calendar uses the 19-year Metonic cycle made up of 12 common years and 7 leap years.’
- ‘My faith started its celebration of the New Year last night, marking the 5, 765th year on the Jewish calendar.’
- ‘According to the Jewish calendar, the year is 5749.’
- ‘The Jewish calendar is a combined moon and sun calendar, unlike the conventional Western calendar.’
- ‘It is no wonder therefore that Jews marked the day of his death as a sad day on the Jewish calendar.’
- ‘I know I've already missed Chinese New Year, but when does the year begin on the Jewish calendar?’
- ‘The holiday of Purim is one of the most festive on the Jewish calendar.’
- ‘What is the significance of basing the Jewish calendar on the moon?’
- ‘Yom Kippur, the holiest day on the Jewish calendar, starts at sunset tomorrow, and the three-game series at San Francisco begins that night.’
- ‘The Jewish calendar, largely lunar, has a cycle of intercalation that contains 7 leap years during each 19-year period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.