One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rare one-horned rhinoceros that is now confined to the lowland rainforests of Java.
- ‘Some of the most endangered species in the world are the rhinos, particularly the white and Javan rhinoceroses.’
- ‘Like the closely related larger Indian Rhinoceros, the Javan rhinoceros has only a single horn.’
- ‘The Javan rhinoceros often lies in streams, where small fish and crabs feed on the insects that live on its skin.’
- ‘The hide of the Javan rhinoceros is characterized by large plates of hard tissue joined by thinner, more flexible layers of skin.’
- ‘The Javan rhinoceros is often called the rarest large mammal on earth and perhaps the most endangered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.