Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rare one-horned rhinoceros that is now confined to the lowland rainforests of Java.
- ‘The hide of the Javan rhinoceros is characterized by large plates of hard tissue joined by thinner, more flexible layers of skin.’
- ‘Some of the most endangered species in the world are the rhinos, particularly the white and Javan rhinoceroses.’
- ‘The Javan rhinoceros is often called the rarest large mammal on earth and perhaps the most endangered.’
- ‘The Javan rhinoceros often lies in streams, where small fish and crabs feed on the insects that live on its skin.’
- ‘Like the closely related larger Indian Rhinoceros, the Javan rhinoceros has only a single horn.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.