Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for japonica
- ‘I have several pre-bonsai Japanese quince that I started from seed and this is the first year they may blossom.’
- ‘Native to China and Japan these plants are often called Japanese quinces or japonica.’
- ‘This morning I picked a bag full of Japanese quinces and filled the house with the aroma of homemade jelly and jam.’
- ‘The overall objective is, within the framework of a sustainable agriculture, to develop Japanese quince into a unique and competitive European fruit crop.’
- ‘The general objective of the project is to develop Japanese quince to a competitive European industrial multipurpose crop for production of juice, flavour and fruit fibre.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.